My muse has been missing for the longest time. I looked and looked everywhere, and even tried drawing her out by going on various vacation trips. but no matter what I did, she never seemed to come back out. Consequently, I couldn't do my hobby properly.
I'm one to do arts and crafts. In a world that doesn't stop to take a breather every once in a while, I believe that one should periodically stop and think about the important things in life. It is my hobby to make crafts out of mundane objects; small trinkets and such from things other people would classify as trash or junk.
Unfortunately, the items I've made lately look a little more than garbled together junk. Yes, there is a discernable pattern, but unfortunately, my works still look like the raw materials from whence they came. The theory behind my crafted items is that the raw pieces combine seamlessly to make something new, and not simply glue random pieces together.
So I needed to find my inspiration again. No matter where I go, or what I see, however, my muse simply refused to show herself. No matter how hard I forced her, she just wouldn't cooperate, and I end up with mediocre crafts. So, right then and there, I decided to just stop my hobby altogether. I stored my materials in the attic, locked the door, and hid the key.
The very next day, my muse decided to play a trick on me. As I was doing some pretty trivial house chores, I suddenly felt my muse nibbling that creative part of my brain. Feeling a bit silly for locking my stuff just a day prior, I came up to the attic in haste. I feel confident that I will be able to go back to crafting soon.
I'm one to do arts and crafts. In a world that doesn't stop to take a breather every once in a while, I believe that one should periodically stop and think about the important things in life. It is my hobby to make crafts out of mundane objects; small trinkets and such from things other people would classify as trash or junk.
Unfortunately, the items I've made lately look a little more than garbled together junk. Yes, there is a discernable pattern, but unfortunately, my works still look like the raw materials from whence they came. The theory behind my crafted items is that the raw pieces combine seamlessly to make something new, and not simply glue random pieces together.
So I needed to find my inspiration again. No matter where I go, or what I see, however, my muse simply refused to show herself. No matter how hard I forced her, she just wouldn't cooperate, and I end up with mediocre crafts. So, right then and there, I decided to just stop my hobby altogether. I stored my materials in the attic, locked the door, and hid the key.
The very next day, my muse decided to play a trick on me. As I was doing some pretty trivial house chores, I suddenly felt my muse nibbling that creative part of my brain. Feeling a bit silly for locking my stuff just a day prior, I came up to the attic in haste. I feel confident that I will be able to go back to crafting soon.
About the Author:
As of now, Melissa Hartwell's recycled crafts can be purchased in various Indiana Craft Shows. Go to Indiana Craft Fairs, and get a chance to see her work and many more!
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire